Q. Are Facial Fillers safe?
A. Facial Fillers are made from Hyaluronic Acid (HA), a naturally produced sugar that occurs in our skin to help repair damaged tissue. HA in its normal liquid state is transformed into a gel-based injection to achieve plumper skin whilst still allowing nutrients to flow easily to the skin.
Most Facial Filler treatments take around 15 - 60 minutes depending on the size or number of areas being treated. Your aesthetic Doctor will talk you through what to expect before your treatment begins.
Results will last between 6 - 12 months, ensuring you get the most out of your treatment time at SkinSpirit.
As with all injectable treatments, Facial Fillers do have some contraindications. Your aesthetic Doctor will go through these with you in more detail before your treatment begins but they could include:
- Acute conditions or chronic diseases
- Severe somatic symptom disorders
- Infection or inflammation on or around the treatment area
- Dermatological diseases in the injection area
- Immune system disorders
- Prone to allergic reactions or individual intolerance to the injectable drug
- Certain cosmetic or aesthetic procedures done prior to treatment
Facial Fillers are not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Science & Technology
At SkinSpirit we use Juvederm for all our Facial Filler and Lip Filler treatments. Juvederm is an injectable dermal filler with a base of hyaluronic acid. It is the No 1 Doctor recommended facial filler in the UK. Juvederm was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006.
Please note that all injectable treatments at SkinSpirit are carried out by our highly qualified aesthetic Doctor, Dr Sagar Patel.
Pre & Post Treatment Care
Facial Filler treatments don’t usually require any post-treatment downtime, but we recommend you follow our post-treatment guidelines. These will be explained in full by your aesthetic Doctor.
- Please expect some post-treatment tenderness, redness and swelling - this will only last for a few days
- You can return to normal daily activities immediately after treatment
- Please avoid strenuous exercise and consuming alcohol for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Please refrain from wearing makeup for at least 12 hours after treatment
We may recommend some specific home care products to support your skincare goals.